£100000 - £107200 per annum + plus benefits
11 months ago
Our client a leading provider of co-located Urgent Treatment Centres caring for NHS patients across London and the Home Counties are looking to appoint a Lead General Practitioner to join their clinical leadership team in London.
The service provides a 24/7 UTC for walk in patients and the out of hours GP service covering GP base appointments and a home visiting service.
Managing a team of salaried and bank GPs in this role you will work closely with the Service Manager and Lead Nurse with responsibility for managing, organising and promoting the needs of the services.
Supported by our Clinical Director for South East London, and working together with our Lead Nurse and Service Manager, your managerial duties will include:
- Meet the Clinical Governance needs of the UCC, investigating incidents and complaints and carrying out clinical audit, developing actions and learning from each.
- Provide professional leadership in the UCC, offering advice, direction, support and motivation
- Assist in recruitment of GPs, carry out inductions, supervise and appraise performance
- Act as safeguarding lead for the UCC, supported by the Greenbrook Safeguarding Lead
- Develop strong working relationships with hospital clinicians and help to develop patient pathways within the UCC, community services and hospital specialties
- Participate in regular operational and governance meetings with the UCC leadership team and in review meetings with the CCG.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A General Practitioner with experience of Urgent Care/OOH
- MRCGP qualified (or GMC recognised equivalent) and registered with an Englishperformers list
- Innovative and keen to explore new ways of delivering care
- Committed to maintaining the highest standards of care
- An experienced clinical lead, or highly enthusiastic about progression to clinical management.