East London, London
£150 - £175 per day
5 months ago
Panoramic Care are delighted to be working in partnership with a community school in East London who are looking to recruit a Deputy SENCO on a 6 month + interim contract with an immediate/ASAP start.
The successful candidate will:
- assist the SENCO in growing and developing an outstanding SEN department
- lead, develop and support effective practice for pupils with particular learning needs to ensure they are addressed in the most effective way and that students with SEN make progress in line with the school's and national expectations
- be an outstanding teacher of their subject(s).
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- facilitating the development of the SEN curriculum provision, to contribute to the improvement of the quality of teaching and pupil learning and ensure the needs of all pupils are met and to ensure their progress is monitored
- liaising with the appropriate outside agencies, including Educational Psychologist, LA support teams, Educational Social Work Service and any other agencies working with SEN students
- developing schemes of work and deliver effective teaching to the Nurture Groups and to seek disapplication from the national Curriculum where assessment of needs indicates that this would be beneficial for the student
- liaising with the school Behaviour Management co-ordinator and to liaise with the feeder primary schools and colleges of further education to manage any resources (human or physical) that the LA allocate to the school for the provision of children with SEN
If you match the above criteria and are looking for interim work please send your details through or send your CV and look forward to speaking to you soon.